This unit must be assessed in accordance with the TDA assessment principles.
Assessment criteria 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 3.2 must be assessed in the workplace. Simulation may be used for assessment criteria 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5.
Potential hazards to the health, safety and security of children and young people eg:
• food safety
• personal safety
Balanced approach to risk management:
• taking into account the child or young person’s age, needs and abilities
• avoiding excessive risk taking
• not being excessively risk adverse
• recognising the importance of risk and challenge to children and young people’s development
Emergency situations including:
• security incidents
• missing children or young people