The assessment of this unit needs to meet the requirements within the Habia Hairdressing and Barbering Assessment Strategies:
1. Simulation is not allowed for any performance evidence within this unit.
2. The learner must practically demonstrate in their everyday work that they have met the standard for assisting with colouring services.
3. The Assessor will observe the learner’s performance on at least 2 occasions, 1 of which will include the removal of colouring materials.
4. The learner must show that they have used all the products.
a) semi-permanent colours
b) quasi-permanent colours
c) permanent colours
d) lightening products
5. It is likely most evidence of the performance will be gathered from observations made by the assessor but the learner may be required to produce other evidence to support their performance if the assessor has not been present.
6. This unit requires mandatory written questions in accordance with the Habia Assessment Strategies for Hairdressing and Barbering.
The assessment and quality assurance requirement for this qualification/unit provides evidence towards A and V units.