The sector requires that this unit be assessed in the context of badminton.
It may also only be awarded by an Ofqual-accredited awarding organisation that has agreement with the appropriate Governing Body(s) of Sport for badminton.
To complete this unit learners are required to evidence:
? the preparation for all coaching environments used to deliver each of the ten coaching sessions for badminton.
All sessions must be drawn from the Level 2 technical syllabus developed for badminton.
Within this unit the following breadth of knowledge is expected to be assessed:
• Resources – physical environment for the sessions, equipment for the sessions, personal clothing and equipment, support from other staff
• Participant(s) – individuals, groups, people with particular needs
• Hazards relating to – activities in the sessions, other activities occurring at the same time, equipment, the physical environment in which the session will take place, competence of staff involved, participant behaviour, participant special needs and medical conditions
• Other people – coaching staff, support staff, facility staff, parents/carers, representatives of other organisations
• Abuse – physical, emotional, neglect, sexual, bullying