This unit must be assessed in a work environment and in accordance with:
– the Additional Requirements for Qualifications using the title NVQ in QCF
– the ConstructionSkills‘ Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment – Craft, Supervisory, Technical, Managerial and Professional Units and Qualifications with NVQ in the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) title and SVQs.
Assessors for this unit must use a combination of the following assessment methods:
– observation of normal work activities within the workplace that clearly confirms the required skills
– questioning the learner on knowledge criteria that clearly confirms the required understanding
– review other forms of evidence that can clearly confirm industry required skills, knowledge and understanding.
Assessors for this unit must have verifiable, current industry experience and a sufficient depth of occupational expertise and knowledge of conforming to general safety in the workplace to be effective and reliable when confirming a learner’s competence.
Workplace evidence of skills cannot be simulated except for assessment criteria 4.1.